Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You can't miss this

Meat America is "a way for us to combine a few of our favorite things. Meat. Quotes. Facts. Photography. And the indefinable adjective that is "American."" as shown in the official site.

Meat American is a photography project by Dominic Episscopo first is a brilliant idea of art and photo stories. Creative, smart, funny and well executed picture make every reader smile while browsing the website. I like the idea of combining mundane life with art thoughts. They could be perfectly combined like Meat American. It is also a celebration of every day life, to the fullest appetite.

The series has a strong vision effects, the color is natural, clean and powerful. The backdrop of the photography is detailed set. The photo editing process shows the creative mind of Episcopo.

Why I think it's good? I want to have some beef now!

=======

The blog I follow post an article on "best magazine covers of 2010". I though it would be extremely useful to everyone of us in the class since we all have to compete in different cover group for VOX and this might give everyone some ideas and inspirations.

The website features fashion magazine covers. Though it's not exact the style of VOX, but they show an amazing contemporary style of the design that I might want to learn from.

It has a selection of fashion magazine covers from all over the world, so it's a great opportunity to keep your eyes wild open and get something from other cultures!

Something STYLISH
 Something with brilliant studio shooting ideas
 something vintage

 some creative conceptual ideas
 some brave use of colors
 some conservative but nice use of color
 some just. WOW

3 comments:

  1. Meat America was so cool! I'm glad you posted that. The different Vogue covers you posted were awesome. I have an obsession with covers and I like looking at interesting ones, not the the usual standing actor or actress in a boring pose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who hails from the land of "Omaha Steaks," Meat America is pretty awesome. And like you said, I'm really hungry now. If only I could cut my steaks to look like that. I think the blog you're following will be a great resource for cover ideas and photo shoot ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Joe on Meat America. If you're into food art, check out the the meat football story the Missourian ran last fall: http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2010/09/08/missouri-meat-market-sells-football-shaped-sausages/. Great post!

    ReplyDelete