Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3/2 You Can't Miss This

Creative use of typography in advertising

In terms of creativity, advertising is way ahead of us.
I've seem lots of typo design but the purpose for design is merely for visually enjoyment. They are pretty but so what? Design it not showing how well you use software.
why I like advertising typo design much better is because they are content driven. When I look at them just cant help smile or "wow".









OK Some might seem to be too bold for magazine use


-------------------

Since the 10/20 assignment is due next Tue. and I haven't got one. and I do think 20 is very overwhelming for me.
So here's some more inspiration for logo.

100 logos in 100 days
This is a fun project for creativity training, to have one logo every day...(It seems that I will need to do at least 4 everyday to finish the assignment)

Another problem is that Sports Journalism Institution logo would be different from those commercial logos because it should be authoritative. Not to playful but different..There are so many elements in the logo: diversity, sports, journalism, college. It is hard to incorporate so many ideas into one logo..

It took the designer an average 30 minutes for the logo...OMG, he's a genius!










1 comment:

  1. I know the logo competition has long passed, but I still enjoy looking at these logo designs. Not that we weren't given something creative, but I do wish we had more creative words or something to work with so we could come up with some great stuff like the ideas above. My favorites are the sexy cooking and chicken chef.

    ReplyDelete