Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3/23 Response: Round 1 review for 7988 magazines

I want to say I am really impressed by NOSH magazine~

I can't remember detail, but the magazine successfully creates the feeling of young, energetic and casual. The best thing about NOSH is the consistency I saw among the spreads. Difference designers have different styles, and I totally understand it's hard to unify each person's style without lose designer's characters. Especially for department, NOSH is carried on throughout the pages, for the features, you can tell it's by different designers, but, you know, feature is feature, and should be different.

Personally, I prefer the previous cover better. Thought it's a prototype, I consider it as the first issue of a magazine. It's extremely hard to create the first issue cover, since it should be the summary of the magazine's soul, it should stand out but not too far away from the rest. Maybe, find a better cover, because cover is the most important thing and first thing readers will see on the news stand. It decides whether they will buy it. And finding the perfect picture is the hardest thing.

Anyway, really GREAT job, I would buy it if it's cheap or have free snack sample =)

No comments:

Post a Comment