Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3/23: You Can't Missed it

Japan Earthquake Relief Posters

I've been following Japan earthquake and nuclear leak news very closely. Soon after the earthquake, some Japan earthquake relief posters showed up in the Internet. I was amazed by them at first. However, as more and more posters emerged, most of them using the same theme, the red dot on the Japanese national flag and played with it. I got tired of them, no matter how brilliant they are. I've been to several different website for more variety, but there just ain't much.
OK, if you follow this blog post, you will finish reading it with lots of red dots haunting in front of your eyes even after you turn your eyes away from the computer screen. Sorry about that~




















How To Build a Stylish Portfolio Web Design Concept


Hi, as our last assignment is to build a portfolio website, I guess this would be very helpful to everyone.
It is a hand on tutorial for how to build a "designer's" portfolio website. It lists every steps out so that we can do couple changes and make it into our own! how easy and pretty!

Here's the final result. Pretty good, right?!

1 comment:

  1. I ended up finding a few examples of the relief posters designers made for the tsunami for my last post! One issue that the blog I follow brought up was is this really the best use of a designer's time? Although the money from poster proceeds are going to a good cause and the designer is raising awareness for donations, this catastrophe is something that people are highly aware of and are already donating copious amounts of money to... I don't know if designing to help people is ever the wrong decision, no matter how many people know about the issue you're drawing attention to, but it's still an interesting view point. And I agree... the designs are all a little too redundant.

    ReplyDelete