Wednesday, April 13, 2011

4/13 Critique: 30 under 30

30 under 30 is quite a popular theme. The biggest problem in designing shall be how to layout 30 people's stories in a proper way. For the cover, I had 3 choices: using one or several representatives from 30 people, using all 30 people and using none. Finally I chose the last. I did not displayed anyone on the cover because: 1. I don't think there are strong or weak personal stories, surely, there must be. But to me, each individual is so unique that they have their uniqueness within their story. 2. listing all 30 people would be too much for the cover.
So, basically, my cover theme is sun (for future) and create a sense of being on the stage in the spotlights.

For the splash page, I used color to represent diversity.


I guess the problem with my design is that it was "boring"....yes. I really had a hard time in doing layout for the actual stories.

1 comment:

  1. I like the way that you organized the text underneath each photo. It is clean and easy to follow. I also like the way you treated the close up photos with the full-length shots set inside the corners. It is a neat way to show different sides of the subject.

    ReplyDelete