Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3/9 Critique: second draft of professor dress feature

Due to a sudden change in VOX feature plan, I will have to add one more page to my originally two-page feature.
That was a real headache to me. At first I had so much trouble because of too much text. Now when I finally solve the problem I will need to add one more page!
That's why when I gave Erica my third draft (the first draft of 3 pages), she thought it was "incomplete".

So, here's the final draft of the feature.


However, the editor of the story wanted me to redesign the cover, because she thought the professors looked like dwarfs. I thought it was quite obvious that the feet and body did not belong to the same person. and what I want to present is their dressing style in PORTION rather than WHOLE body. I did some minor changes and tried to talked to the editor until she finally thought it was ok.
Anyway, I would like to thank everyone for giving me critiques. They did make my design a lot better!

2 comments:

  1. I really love how your feature design turned out, Chen. I thought it was very well done – clever, unique and memorable. I loved the way you worked with the photos of the three professors to create a unified design, but still one that shows the distinct styles of the professors well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say. I really love how your professional dress spread turned out. It was so fun and had a lot of movement. You did a really good job of putting it together and incorporating white space. This will make a nice portfolio piece.

    ReplyDelete