Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3/9 You Can't Miss This

Yes, since last you can't miss this I posted some advertising design, I started to get obsessed with them. 


A good ad design should be a good layout design + a creative idea + match the mission of the product (know your target audience)+ (and often) a good illustration. Ad designs are often bolder than magazine design, they are good at exploring and surprise you! It suddenly occurred to me during designing for SJI logo: a logo design is a thumbnail of ad design! Often when I am reading magazines, I am attracted by the advertising...
That's why when I am browsing for design inspiration, often I am attractive to ad design websites. (It's not betrayal!) 



------------------




I ran into this 2011 Diesel Denim's Dirty Job advertising poster, which reminded me of couple weeks' ago, VOX's dirty job issue.






VOX's story is really about dirty jobs, but Diesel obviously not, but it incorporated the idea into a fashion studio shoot. They did look really dirty! Not only they looked dirty, some looked like horror movie posters.

1 comment:

  1. I love the McDonald's poured coffee sculpture. It definitely grabs my attention, which is very important for an ad to do. The surprise element pulls the consumer in and then influences them by presenting them with a McDonald's icon–coffee. I like ads like these that are outside of the box.

    ReplyDelete